Welcome, everyone, to the second Leighgendary Flash Fiction Challenge. The winner will get an amazing prize package valued at over $1,500, including:
- Every good story needs a good editor or beta reader. Crystal Watanabe is giving the winner a chance to choose a combination of any two (2) of the three (3) services: Beta Reading, Line editing, and Developmental Editing. The services will be good for up to 8,000 words (valued up to $240).
- They say not to judge a book by its cover, but we all know that we do. Molly Phipps of We Got You Covered will design a custom cover for a Paperback + Ebook (valued at $150).
- Formatting is one aspect that you might not think about too much when writing. Kevin G Summers will format a story for you into ebook & physical form (valued at $150).
- Artwork inside a book can go a long way with helping readers picture the story in their own heads. Ben Adams will draw three (3) single frame digital black & white illustrations for your story (valued at $1,000)
I hope these prizes excite you and get your creative juices flowing. Here are the guidelines for the challenge:
- The story must be 1,000 words or less.
- The story must be an original story that has never been published in any form, even as a first draft on your own blog. After the contest is over, you may do with it as you want; The Leighgendarium will hold no claim on your story.
- The story may be in any genre, but no erotica, please.
- Only one (1) story per author.
- The author must have at least one (1) self-published or traditionally published story and provide a link to where it can be read or purchased when submitting their story.
- Please send your story submission to email@example.com (as .doc or PDF attachment). Subject Line: 2017 Flash Fiction Challenge. Note: Each story MUST include an additional brief story blurb to entice the readers.
- I will accept submissions until February 14, 2017, at midnight.
- Voting will be done by you: fans, and readers of the blog. Voting will run from February 15, 2017 – midnight on February 28, 2017. A person will be able to vote once (1) per twenty-four hour period. When voting, a person can vote for their top three (3) stories. The story with the most votes at the end of the voting period wins.
I hope this contest is just as much fun for the writers as it will be for the readers. Good luck to everyone. I can’t wait to read the stories you submit!
Crystal Watanabe has been editing for independent authors since 2014 and has worked on more than fifty novels and over 125 short stories. Her available services include developmental editing, line editing, proofreading, and beta reading. To learn more about Crystal Watanabe and some of the works she has edited, visit: http://www.pikkoshouse.com/
Not only is Molly Phipps a great author, she is a great graphic designer. We Got You Covered is a book design company specializing in book covers, logos, promotional teasers, interior formatting, and website design. To learn more about Molly Phipps and We Got You Covered, visit http://www.wegotyoucoveredbookdesign.com/
Kevin G. Summers is the author of The Man Who Shot John Wilkes Booth and The Bleak December. He has worked with some of the biggest names in indie publishing, including: Eamon Ambrose, Jason Anspach, Stefan Bolz, David Bruns, Michael Bunker, Nick Cole, Jennifer Ellis, Hank Garner, and many more. To learn more about Kevin G. Summers, visit http://kevingsummers.com/blog/book-formatting/
Ben J. Adams is a Tennessee based artist and designer, Co-Principal of The Village, and a VP at Smarketing, LLC. His work has been displayed in local and international exhibitions, and his illustrations have been featured in regional publications as well as in books for USA Today, Amazon, and NYT Bestselling Authors. To learn more about Ben Adams and his work, visit http://benjadams.com/