***GIVEAWAY: Peter Cawdron has a story that is free on Amazon, Trixie & Me. It is a sci-fi thriller with a twist:
Trixie and Berry are trapped on an alien space ship. Berry can’t move, but he seems to understand what’s going on. Trixie is confused, she has no recollection of how they ended up in the dark depths of an alien war craft. She struggles to comprehend even the simplest of concepts, struggling to speak, but she is free of her chains, so she is Berry’s only hope. They must escape their captors and warn humanity about this sinister threat coming from the galactic core.
Peter is an Australian science fiction writer, specialising in hard science fiction.
Hard science fiction is a misnomer as far as categories of literature go, as it sounds harsh and difficult to understand, but that is far from reality. Hard science fiction is simply plausible science fiction, fiction that is written in such a way as it conforms to the known laws of science, and that makes it more interesting, as there’s no magic wand the protagonist can wave to get out of trouble. Peter’s forays into hard science fiction could best be described as informative science fiction or enjoyable science fiction.
Peter is a fan of such classic science fiction writers as Philip K. Dick, Arthur C. Clarke and Michael Crichton and their influence on his style and story lines is readily apparent.
To learn more about Peter Cawdron and his books, visit his blog.
If you visit Peter’s Facebook page you can sign up for his email newsletter and receive information about new releases and giveaways. Click here to follow Peter on Facebook.
You can also follow Peter on Twitter.
All of his books can be found on Amazon.
Things We Talked About:
- Two Truths & A Lie – 3:37
- Fan Question From Seamus Colgan: Who is your favorite science fiction author? – 7:03
- Fan Question From Seamus Colgan & Chris Fried: How do you keep up with your workload and are you a full time writer? 10:40
- Fan Question From Chris Fried: When did you become interested in science? – 14:24
- Book Blurb for his new novel, Retrograde – 23:24
- We talk about the research he had to do for Retrograde – 24:50
- Peter tells us about Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH Press) & how Retrograde got picked up by them. – 35:15
- Peter reads an excerpt from Retrograde – 39:49
- Fan Question from James A Carter III: Science Fiction themes seem to have centered a lot on alien contact especially in film. Do you believe this is to satisfy our need to seek a higher power, whether benign or hostile, because our world seems to be in chaos? – 42:28
- Fan Questions from James A. Carter III: Earlier Sci Fi seemed to be a lot more “hard” themed based on big physics concepts and hypothetical science. Has technology jaded our view of hard science potentialities? – 48:00
- Peter answers the famous penguin question – 54:10
- Fan Question from Colby Zoeller: What are you working on now, and what ideas will be coming to life in the future? – 58:39
- BONUS INTERVIEW CONTENT: Inspiration for Retrograde, What Peter would do if he was a script writer in Hollywood, Cawdron’s Law Of Movies, Favorite author of all time, and so much more – 1:04:55
Make sure you check out our Patreon page. We have started a new podcast called 10 Questions With. . .. You can find the Patreon page here.
Would like to support 30-Minute Author Interviews or the blog but cannot do a Patreon right now? We now have a Tip Jar where you can give a one-time donation. Your generous donation will help us continue to Shine A Light On Indie Publishing. Click Here for the Tip Jar.
I would like to thank a few of our Patreon Supporters: