***GIVEAWAY: One person has the chance to win a signed copy of The Prophecy by Erin Rhew & a signed copy of Birth of an American Gigolo by Deek Rhew. To get registered, answer the following question in the comment section:
What was your favorite part of this episode?
Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is only open to those in the Continental United States. This giveaway will run through Tuesday, September 3, 2017. Good luck everyone.***
Erin Rhew is an editor, operations manager for a small press, and the author of The Fulfillment Series. Since she picked up Morris the Moose Goes to School at age four, she has been infatuated with the written word. She went on to work as a grammar and writing tutor in college and is still teased by her family and friends for being a member of the “Grammar Police.”
A Southern girl by blood and birth, Erin spent years in a rainy pocket of the Pacific Northwest before returning to her roots in the land of hushpuppies, sweet tea, and pig pickin’. She’s married to fellow author, the amazingly talented (and totally handsome) Deek Rhew, and spends her time writing side-by-side with him under the watchful eye of their patient-as-a-saint writing assistant, a tabby cat named Trinity. Erin and Deek enjoy taking long walks, drinking coffee, lifting, boxing, eating pizza, staying up late into the night talking, and adventuring together.
Deek Rhew is a transplant from a rainy pocket in the Pacific Northwest, Deek now lives in a sultry corner of the US of A where the sun shines bright, the sweet tea flows, and the hush puppies are hot and delicious. He and his brilliant, but stunning author bride, Erin Rhew, live a simple life with their writing assistant, a fat tabby named Trinity. They enjoy lingering in the mornings, and often late into the night, caught up Erin’s fantastic fantasy worlds of noble princes and knights and entwined in Deek’s dark underworld of the FBI and drug lords.
He and Erin love spending time with friends, running, boxing, lifting weights, and adventuring.
To learn more about Erin Rhew and her books, visit her website.
All of her books can be found on Amazon.
To learn more about Deek Rhew and his books, visit his website.
All of his books can be found on Amazon.
Things We Talked About:
- Two Truths & A Lie – 3:48
- Deek talks about the lesson he learned about the word count for a novel – 11:07
- Non-spoiler book blurb, story idea, and writing process for his novel 122 Rules – 15:03
- Did he really create 122 rules phychology for his character? – 20:28
- Deek talks about his short story Birth Of An American Gigolo – 23:07
- Deek talks about his new sci-fi story he is writing called Extractor – 29:39
- Deek reads an excerpt from Birth Of An American Gigolo – 35:46
- We talk with Erin and we start with the blurb and inspiration for her Fulfillment series – 40:46
- We talk about her inspiration, world building, and the dreaded “filler” second book – 41:35
- Why YA Fantasy vs Adult Fantasy – 47:46
- Has going to school to get a writing degree helped her and her writing? – 49:39
- What inspired her new sci-fi story – 52:29
- Erin reads an excerpt from The Prophecy – 53:55
- We talk about her covers – 1:00:03
- Erin talks about self-editing your stories and why it is important – 1:04:36
- Erin & Deek answer the famous penguin question – 1:18:15
Trailer For Galactic Satori Chronicles
Make sure you check out our Patreon page. We have started a new podcast called 10 Questions With. . .. You can find the Patreon page here.
Would like to support 30-Minute Author Interviews or the blog but cannot do a Patreon right now? We now have a Tip Jar where you can give a one-time donation. Your generous donation will help us continue to Shine A Light On Indie Publishing. Click Here for the Tip Jar.
I would like to thank a few of our Patreon Supporters: