***GIVEAWAY: Devon C. Ford would like to give one person the chance to win an ebook set of his series After It Happened. To get registered, answer the following question in the comment section:
What was your favorite part of this episode?
Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is only open to those in the Continental United States. This giveaway will run through Tuesday, October 10, 2017. Good luck everyone.***
Devon is from the UK, having lived in many places until finally settling in the Midlands. His career in public services started in his teens and has provided a wealth of experiences, both good and some very bad, which form the basis of the book ideas that cause regular insomnia.
He started reading for fun as an adult, having tried his hardest to avoid anything resembling academia growing up, and at that point the world became a far bigger place. He has been reading, at least one book at a time, ever since.
His debut works, the After It Happened series, (Survival, Humanity, Society) were published in April 2016 followed by Hope (July 2016) and Sanctuary (December 2016) before the announcement of Rebellion due in 2017.
Storming high into the charts with the first books of the After It Happened series, Devon launched into the top 10 sellers listings in the UK and US, and he made the decision to write full-time shortly after the launch of Hope.
Devon’s self-published beginnings caused a stir in the publishing world, and resulted in contracts with Podium Publishing for Audible, narrated by R.C. Bray (The Martian, Expeditionary Force, Arisen), before a publishing deal for Kindle and paperbacks with Vulpine Press.
To learn more about Devon C. Ford and his books, visit his website.
All of his books can be found on Amazon.
Things We Talked About:
- Two Truths & A Lie – 3:36
- Author Bio – 10:20
- We talk about his characters: the creation process, characters with flaws, and more – 11:53
- Writing process: how it has changed, research, and more – 20:40
- Being an author from the UK but having a book sell better in the USA and gun laws in the UK – 24:19
- We talk about the audiobook and getting R.C. Bray to narrate the series – 28:00
- We listen to a clip of R.C. Bray reading After It Happened: Publisher’s Pack, Books 1 & 2 – 32:59
- Why he decided to go from self-publishing to a small press – 42:44
- Devon answers the famous penguin question – 49:43
Trailer For Galactic Satori Chronicles
Make sure you check out our Patreon page. We have started a new podcast called 10 Questions With. . .. You can find the Patreon page here.
Would like to support 30-Minute Author Interviews or the blog but cannot do a Patreon right now? We now have a Tip Jar where you can give a one-time donation. Your generous donation will help us continue to Shine A Light On Indie Publishing. Click Here for the Tip Jar.
I would like to thank a few of our Patreon Supporters: